These bars make an inexpensive, portable and corn-free healthy snack now that we're back into cold-enough-to-turn-on-the-oven weather.
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
2/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1 cup cashews, chopped
1/2 cup uncooked millet
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together vanilla, maple syrup, and oil. Pour over dry mixture, distributing evenly, and then stir until dry ingredients are coated with oil mix.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and carefully spread out your mixture into a large bar.
5. Back for 10 minutes, and let it cook for another 10.
6. Pop the cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes and then chop into your desired sizes. Wrap bars individually and keep them refrigerated.